Monday, June 30, 2003

... in which the fool loses his money

And now, for the latest in the ongoing stupidity of the Fool...

Had lunch at 'Thai in a Box' with Elbert, Lassie, Navarro (although Gio didn't eat because he was still full). Despite my careful calculation on how much I would approximately spend for lunch today, my effort would be in vain. That's because I realized too late that I lost my alloted lunch money! Not just today's lunch money, but my entire allowance for the week! Argh!!!! And that was just over 14 hours since I got it from my mom...

Thankfully, Gio was around and I managed to borrow some money from him... Er, actually, I tried to borrow from him, until he heard that my bill was around 200 php and he backed out. I had to find a way to pay today's bill, though, so I tried to borrow from both Elbert and Lassie too. Unfortunately, the earliest I can pay anyone would be next week. In the end, it was Lassie who would spring for today's expenses (with a little bit more extra for the rest of the week) giving me 500 php.

With the loss of my money, so goes my hopes of being able to watch Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle. Or having good meals for both lunch and dinner this week. Or for any expenditures at all this week. I'll have to use the money lent to me wisely, otherwise, I'd have more debts to pay than allowable expenses next week. So far, I'm planning on eating just a small meal every lunch time, or if worse comes to worse, completely skip meals whenever I'm in school (which means for the rest of the week). My plan to try out Ragnarok Online this week would also have to be postponed again. Photocopying expenses would also have to be kept to a minimum (which reminds me of my photocopying debt to the beadle of the other class, damn, have to pay for that soon too). Even physical activities have to be lessened, to avoid having a huge appetite. Ugh.

Looking at the bright side, that would mean that I've lost three things already -- my titanium-framed glasses given by my brother, my nokia 3310, and now my allowance for the week (er, actually four things, including a Parker pen with my name engraved on it as a gift by Dulce). I would like to include my wallet too, but that particular item returned to me 2 weeks later (obviously with the contents gone) so I can't consider it "lost"... I wonder what it is with me and my pockets...

Grrr... My hands still feel like they want to throttle someone for my stupidity... Grr... FROST SMASH!!!

Things to remember:
1) Upon receiving money, store them in a safe place -- preferably in the wallet.
2) As much as possible, keep the wallet in a safe place -- preferably in the bag. (The pockets are safe too, technically, so long as it doesn't fall off)
3) Keep close watch of valuables at all times -- keep the bag close, and the mobile phone securely fastened in the pocket.
4) Stress on rule number one -- and rule number two.
5) Always remember, when shit hits the fan, when things get out of hand -- just keep calm, and keep smiling (like a madman).
6) Forget rule number five -- what do you mean keep calm??? Start searching like a man possessed!!!!
7) But when all seems lost, might as well accept it -- congratulations to the finder of the missing item.

So there. People have been complaining about the lack of material in the journal. Apparently, The Powers That Be have seen fit to give me something to write about today -- I hope you're happy, dammit.

Arrrggghhh.... Frost SMASH!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home