Wednesday, August 20, 2003

... in which the fool hitches a ride with high school friends

If I thought I was just wasting my time last Monday doing nothing, then there must be something to call this week I'm in... I'm wasting away this week starting Monday doing nothing!

*Sigh* To think that some people look forward to holidays so they can stay home...

Instead of staying home on holidays, I have to think of somewhere to go (or something to do). Just thinking of what to do on days like those give me a headache...

But anyway, I'm annoyed with this week due to the number of holidays in it. I've wasted an entire Tuesday doing nothing productive, and I'll probably be wasting this Friday again (thankfully, Friday is a National holiday, meaning I will stay home). If only I can bring myself to do something productive... I have all these ideas in my head but I can't seem to bring them to light... I'd really want to flesh out the original villains that I'll be using against my Marvel players, but something seems to be keeping me from doing just that (in the same way that I can't finish my oriental setting for DnD, as well as the Soul Calibur mini-game set in 7th Sea).

So I hitched a ride with Raymond today (because I just wasn't in the mood to commute home, despite the amount of change I had in my pockets). I knew that Elgene and probably Sharlene would be with him in their carpool (which I haven't been to for years...). But I didn't expect to see two more ladies that would be going with him (and I never learned their names throughout the ride home). We passed by UPD to fetch Beverly who has just finished a midterm exam and who was similarly surprised to see me sitting in the passenger's seat of the van.

I was about to doze off in the front seat until I heard something about "an elephant on the back of the jacket". Moments later, Beverly was asking me what a "cougar" was.

Apparently, one of the ladies mistook the animal at the back of our section jacket to be an elephant. Beverly explained that the animal wasn't an elephant but was really a cougar. "A cougar is... ah... uhm... something like a..., Frost, what's a cougar again?"

I nearly laughed my head off at that. =)

Anyway, a cougar is part of the cat family. If memory still serves me correctly, a cougar is a north american cat that usually resides in snowy mountain regions and is heavily related to a puma (if its not the puma itself). In any case, we managed to explain that the animal stitched at the back of the jacket wasn't an elephant but a cat. I really should see that jacket again one of these days... if just to see why other people would say that its an elephant...

The rest of the trip was filled with Beverly talking about their younger brother Brainard (if I still have the spelling correct...). He's been growing up quite quickly recently, and the sisters (Beverly and Bernice) have taken notice of this. Apparently, the young man is already taking too long deciding what clothes to wear to school and taking up too much time chatting on the phone. Heh... Kids these days...

Oh yeah, my umbrella handle broke today. Which means I'll either have to find a new collapsible umbrella or bring one of the larger ones to school again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home