Wednesday, August 06, 2003

... in which the fool is frustrated with Ragnarok

For some strange reason, there's something wrong with the servers of Ragnarok today. It seems like they'll be needing the entire day to fix the problems. As of the time of this writing, they still haven't fixed the damned problem, whatever it is...

I'm getting irritated. I purposely bought internet cards and top-up cards today just to be able to play Ragnarok and I find such a stupid problem waiting for me as soon as I link up. To top it off, the "R" key on the keyboard seems a bit stuck -- I need to press down a little more forcefully on it just to have it display "r" on the screen. And here I prided myself over having the best keyboard of all the people that I know...

So here I am today, going back to downloading all sorts of things on Kazaa. Its been a long time since I tried to download anything and I kind of missed wasting tons of internet hours on Kazaa just to get a specifically hard to find file... I seem to be a glutton for getting frustrated... Instead of catching up to my reading, I'm trying to drive myself crazy over the computer by wasting a lot of time for nothing... I'm guessing its been 10 minutes since I've logged into Kazaa and I still haven't found a good SRW song...

I think if I get pissed off here, I might go play the PS2... At least I know I'll be doing something more productive there... Perhaps to practice on Nightmare? Or learn some new character? Hm...

In the meantime, I've been trying to internalize the rules of the new Marvel Roleplaying Game. Compared to the old Marvel game, this one focuses more on personal effort than the roll of a die. As long as your character gives enough effort, then whatever he's doing would probably succeed. I kind of missed the old random character system -- you could end up being an alien from another dimension with all sorts of useless powers just like all your friends. And all of you would have fun going to all sorts of crazy adventures... Ah... The joys of crazy gaming... That doesn't happen in this game though, so I'd have to think of a better adventure for my players on Friday. So far, I know Anton and Santi have expressed interest in joining my game, and a while ago, it seemed like Terence wanted to join in on the action too... I really have to think of a good story this Friday...

And I just remembered that Charles has a game scheduled for this Friday too. I'd probably be there with my cousin, but he mentioned something about not being sure if he could game... I wonder what that means. I'm thinking of a decent character for Charles's 12th level game -- playing a Sorcerer would probably be interesting but I'm thinking of doing something else again... We'll see this Friday if I'll get to think of anything early.

I'm getting annoyed -- not only is the Ragnarok server down, but Kazaa can't even find a good book or song for me to download. And I've been retyping some of the words with "r" in them a little too many times here... I can feel the blood going up to my brain now. If I can't control myself, I'll probably start doing something violent here... Might as well retire early tonight before I do anything drastic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home