Monday, August 11, 2003

... in which the fool is worried over an exam

Its past nine in the evening now... I still have an exam tomorrow that I haven't started reading up on, despite the incredibly long weekends that I have to myself. I've been convincing myself to start reading now, but there's something inside me that's still refusing to do so... I guess I'll have to cram again, because my body still wants to play Soul Calibur II.

I'm cheating right now. I'm not using the ISP internet prepaid card that I bought for my use. Instead, I'm using the PLDT internet service which costs around .50php for a minute. It was easier to connect with than ISP so I figured I might as well use it just to check my mail. 30 minutes later, I still haven't disconnected. I'd disconnect after I finish writing about stuff.

Well so far, I now have one player who has finished making his character for the Marvel game. Honestly, I still havent' figured out how they'll get to fight their first villain, or even how the plot would go... But I guess, I'll pull through on the day of the game itself... If there's one thing that I know I can do, its winging things...

Now that Santi has finished his character, I can focus on Terence's and Anton's characters. I hope that Anton doesn't use a mage though... I really dislike putting in a mage in a modern, school setting. But even the GM has to concede to his player's wishes. At least Terence's character would be easier to attend to. He's got a simple, though uninspired concept -- a sample hero, testing the waters of an RPG, before going all out I hope. I shudder to think of Aaron's character though... He's the type of guy who would just put more and more cheesy abilities for the heck of it. I hope I can control him though, just like the way I managed to control him in the Vampire game, years ago.

I'd probably make another game in the near future with only girl players. They wouldn't really want to join in the boys' game because it would be dominated by characters who wouldn't like to make mistakes. That's okay with me. At least I could do a slow game that focuses on character development... Assuming I could pull it off, of course. Besides, I'm only preparing for the girl's game because it looks like they're still thinking whether they have the time or not. Hopefully, if they do have the time, I would be able to accomodate them...

As usual, I've been thinking of making a Seventh Sea game based on Soul Calibur. A short game would probably do... With all the players meeting up with each other in a great tournament to hold the legendary Soul Edge. Unfortunately, the winner gets possesed by the evil sword, and its up to the players (or the rest of the players, if one of them wins) to stop him before the world falls in danger. I just wonder how to put in the fighting styles of the Oriental heroes... Seventh Sea still doesn't have the resourcebook for Oriental players (outside of the Crescent Moon). I do have to figure out how to use the d20 system if I plan to use that...

Ah... Not only is this year a good year for reading, its also a good year for GM'ing. Now if only I could find the time outside of all these laboratory deadlines that I have to catch up on... (Not to mention the time I need to make a good story)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home