Tuesday, September 23, 2003

... in which the Fool looks back into the week

Its been quite some time since I last wrote down anything... I've been pretty much busy due to all the stuff that I'm trying to finish -- schoolwork of course. I seem to have no more time to write anything here anymore...

Anyway, first thing off the top of my mind -- I lost my wallet again today. Don't ask me why, I don't know who, I don't know how, I don't even know I did! I just lost it, at this point, I'm still hopeful that someone took it as a joke to me, but then again, I'm just too hopeful sometimes. I left my bag in our class since the teacher hadn't arrived yet, and everyone was still there. I went upstairs to take care of a few things, and minutes later, everyone had went upstairs as well. I was expecting that someone was still in the room taking care of my things, but it turned out that nobody was there... When I was about to take my bag, I noticed that the pocket that contained my wallet was already openend, and that nothing else in the bag was touched, except for my missing wallet.

No other pockets were open in my bag, except for that one, and no other valuable was taken, except for that one. Which suggests someone who knows me well (or has observed me for some time) or a very lucky thief...

I'm still feeling charitable right now, I still might forgive him, so long as he returns the entire wallet without taking anything. But if he doesn't, and if I find out who took it, well...

Got to watch Sinbad in DVD last Thursday. I must admit, I'm rather relieved that I didn't watch it in the movies... I was rather disappointed by the execution of the story, as well as the content -- Aside from the main character, almost nothing else was taken from the original 1001 nights story, and a lot of it was taken from Greek mythology. Talk about weird... Well, a kid might be interested in it, its a pretty movie anyway, but if you're looking for an adaptation of the original story... well, there's no luck in there.

Kind of reminds me of The Road to El Dorado... I'm pretty sure that no such event happened in any story. Good thing that they managed to pull it off well. Either that, or my bias for an original story is working again.

Then I already managed to read Endless Nights by Neil Gaiman. Its a pretty book, with stories about each of the Endless in there. Or as much as some of the stories in them could be called stories (Destiny's for example, isn't much of a story -- or I should say, new story). The best of the lot so far, is Dream's (as usual)... I like some of the bright characters in the story, seeing as how I'm a sucker for historical stories like those. Anyway, I'd rather not describe anything out of the book for now, maybe months later after most people have managed to read a copy.

Got to watch Jason vs. Freddy last Saturday, which started out to be a pretty interesting movie and turned out to be a laugh riot near the end. I've been asking people if they watched the movie yet, and a good number seemed to be interested in it, but haven't gone to watch it. Well, it won't be a waste of money, but you'll be surprised for what you spent it for. I'm guessing a lot of younger people would miss what the movie is all about, while some of the older guys would probably die laughing... I wonder if the USA missed out on good comedies for the two weeks that Jason vs. Freddy became the #1 movie...

Attended the Gaming Convention last Sunday, although I arrived very late in the day. I would have wanted to watch (participate) in Tobie's morning Exalted game, but things being as they were... I was content to listen in to his afternoon Vampire game, and browsing through his copy of Exalted: The Lunars. Well at least that book answers my question on how Lunars choose their animal counterpart... They choose a totem animal at the beginning, then consume the heart's blood of an animal. They can then shapechange into the form of that animal. The totem animal is the first creature that they can shape change into. Too bad there are so many animals that you can turn into, and so lilttle time to find them in Exalted...

And finally, I watched Basic yesterday, despite the fact that I have an exam today. I would suggest the movie to other people, if only to get them to watch simple intellectual movies like it, but then, a lot of people wouldn't want that kind of movie. Its not a completely action-packed film, rather, its a rather simple take on Minority Report, except that the main guy isn't involved at all in any hidden plot... it seems.

"Murder is basic. There are no convoluted conspiracies, no puppet masters, no hidden strings... Anyone is capable of murder."

Which brings me to today's events... I think I might be capable too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home