Tuesday, June 14, 2005

... in which the Fool answers a few questions

The five questions and answers that will appear after my ramblings came from Elbert. These five questions are things that well, upon reception, make you think back, and wonder. I say should, because some questions may be just too easy for a reader. The questions of course, aren't always the same. Further information is included at the end of this post.

1. Look back on your student life! What is the one thing you wish you could have done more of, and what is the one thing you wish you could have done less of?

This question is easier in hindsight, rather than being asked while I was a student. First things first, I would have wanted to review my lessons more, rather than cramming everything all at once during examination days. I learned now the power of studying bit by bit every day, while attending my review classes. And that a little bit of studying can go a long way, instead of a lot of cramming. I don't regret cramming. Ever. I've always been proud of my ability to cram, to still pass despite looking at notes 2 hours before the exam. I regret not studying before that, and having lousy grades to prove it.

I wish I'd been less reliant on other people. I could have gone to school and gone home by myself. But a lot of times, I changed my schedule into something else just so I could go home with Joseph. A lot of times, I was too lazy to go home by myself that I had to stop whatever I was doing so I can go with Joseph. I blame myself for that, as well as the amount of headaches I gave him just waiting for me every morning. I wish I'd done what was needed on most major projects earlier, instead of waiting for everyone to be in the mood for it. I'd have finished a lot of stuff for it earlier rather than later. I don't regret spending too much time on my games, only that my time management sucks.

2. What are you most looking forward to doing now that you've graduated?

Er, I don't think I've graduated yet. I still have my licensure exams to take care of.

But what I'm really looking forward to is earning my own money, and to spend nights out on the town without parents screaming down my neck so I'd come home early. Hey, that also means that I'd have a constant influx of money to spend on parties, food, games, and dates. Er, moving on...

3. Santa loves you! He gives you the one (material) thing you've always wanted since, well, forever! What is that one thing, and why?

The one material thing that I could ask from Santa is a limitless bank account. Let me pick my own presents so that I won't get disappointed. Let me but other people buy presents too, because its one thing I've always wanted to do.

But the question is about something I've always wanted... and that's immaterial. I've always wanted to get artistic skill, or to become more industrious, that sort of thing. Anything material that I might have wanted in the past was probably a toy or a set of toys that I wasn't able to get. Like for example, the set of Transformers produced from 1980's up to the present. I've always liked those toys that could change from vehicles or animals to robots. Those were cool, and they were smart too! Of course, I could ask for a complete set of techno-gadgets for the more, adult side of me...

But I really want that endless bank account, I get that, its just like getting all the toys and techno-gadgets that I want! Hey Santa, if ever you're reading this, and I'm nice? Well, you know what you're getting me already, right? *wink!wink!*

4. What do you feel is the one big achievement of yours that you wish more people took notice of or acknowledged?

Er, I don't think I have any big achievements yet. Sorry, I don't think I'm too successful yet in my life to have a huge achievement (or rather, I don't think I have any achievement worth noting). Cramming my way through college, or not studying my way through might be cool, but that's not exactly an achievement.

There are two things that I'd like other people to take notice of though. a) I'm not the jerk that everyone might paint me to be, and b) I'm sensitive too. I might not show that I get hurt, but I do. Of course, it would be better to have my friends tell you about these things than to have myself ramble about them.

5. In literature, it is often the fool who speaks most wise. Share with us then, o self-proclaimed "great fool," the one nugget of wisdom that you feel nobody should be without.

Wisdom... I know that I'm smart, but I don't think that I'm wise at all. I don't think I can answer this question at all.

What I have learned though, is that its great to talk to yourself every now and then, but nothing beats having to talk with other people. It not only gives you another perspective, but it also helps you grow.

I think the world needs fools. If for no other reason than to serve as record of consequences of foolish actions. At least other people would have an idea of what happens if they ever plan on doing something idiotic in their lives.

Now, here are the rules. (People who would like to join in, feel free to do so):

1. If you want to participate, leave a comment below saying “interview me.”
2. I will respond by asking you five questions - each person’s will be different.
3. You will update your journal/blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

If you don’t have a blog, I will still ask you 5 unique questions and you can post your answers here.

Some of these answers were supposed to be longer, but then, my unit died out suddenly, so well, I got stuck with an earlier version..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home