Saturday, June 04, 2005

... in which the Fool is drained from playing VS

I Came from SM City North Edsa today, attended the $10k Championships for VS. Initially, I didn't intend to play because I didn't have a deck ready. But then, Kendrick offered to sponsor me to play another deck that he brought, in exchange for any Extended Art cards I would win. He'd pay for my registration fee, lend me a deck, but I give him the cards that I win. Fair trade I guess, seeing as all I had to do was win all I can...

... And I seriously underestimated the competition. I lost the first match, being extremely stupid and forgetting a lot of the rules, as well as the wording on the cards.. I lost a lot of matches today... Winning only 4 rounds out of 10. Philip, Kelvin, and King all cheered me up, stating that winning 4 matches out of 10 with a deck that I only saw today was quite something (but I just can't bring myself to believe that... I still made a lot of stupid mistakes). Kendrick said at least I gained experience... I guess in the end, that was all: I learned stuff that would help me grow as a player. I was ranked 107th at the end of the day, out of 142. Not very good.

The next time a competition like that comes around in Manila, I intend to join again. Hopefully, that would be in October or December, where the DC format would be implemented. I intend to use either a Green Lantern deck, or a Team Superman deck, trying to dominate the field with huge characters, knocking down the smaller people, and also keeping the opponent's characters off-balance trying to knock out my characters.

I'm very drained now though. I slept at around 3AM today, trying to finish my Solid Geometry homework last night. Everytime I saw dice, formulae for the number of diagonals, the length of the diagonal, the volume of the solid, the number of faces of that particular die, all of them kept running through my mind, including the probability of a specific number coming out after a number of successful tries. Damn, I think I may be taking my review classes a little too seriously now...

And after all the time spent on my homework, (around 3 hours) I'm still not done with it!!! Damn, which means, I'll have to do it again tomorrow after I wake up. At least I'll get a good sleep tonight...

I'm trying to finish Dynasty Warriors 5 at home. I only need to finish around 9 characters and then I can retire that game and start finishing either Digital Devil Saga, or Yuusha Taisen. Alternatively, I could also get the Namco X Capcom game from Dennis and finish that too. Its a strategy game created by both game companies using the characters from most of their games. The map layout is very similar to Super Robot Taisen, with battle being waged ala Tales of Destiny, where you control one character and execute combos by combining directions and the Circle button. Its a pretty nice game, but very text heavy, which means that I'll be getting a headache just trying to understand what in the world is happening with the story. But I think it will be very worth it.

I'm just trying to stay awake now... I'm very tired and I'm just running on excess caffeine. I've had several glasses of mountain dew, plus a bottle of lemon C2. Once all this runs out, I'll be sound asleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home