Friday, July 08, 2005

... in which the Fool is distracted while taking an online exam

Yes, because I'm so bored (more like, I can't think of anything productive to do), I'm taking my online exams again (which is good news). That way, I'll be a little more prepared for this weekend's weekly exam.

Unfortunately, I can see that I still suck at trigonometry. Either that, or I'm so distracted that I can't understand what the exam is asking me. I can't believe that I'm having well over 7 mistakes already (that means I've already failed trignometry, exam-wise), and I'm only halfway through.

Make that 8 mistakes. I suck at trigonometry. I'll have to find a way to get my grades back up.

Well, in fairness, trigonometry isn't asking me to solve anything right now. Just asking me theoretical questions about sums of squares of sines and cosines (that gives 1) and legs of triangles. Its weird, having to encounter these questions again... But that's my life. At least, I'm learning something from my mistakes.

Yes, I'm posting while taking the exam, because it takes some time to load the next question, approximately the time it takes for me to type out a sentence. So I thought, instead of wasting time here, why don't I post something as well?

(10 mistakes on one single exam of trigo... Yes, I suck at trigo...)

I've been going through the D&D classes, and while I excluded many other classes from many other books, I can't believe that I actually excluded (more like forgot) about one class that was specifically made to be a leader. A person whose main ability is to enhance other people's abilities in combat, while at the same time wading through opponents dealing death and destruction together with his friends. This class is a capable warrior, while also giving bonuses to other people around him either in combat or through social graces.

This class is the marshall. When the Miniatures Handbook came out, this was the first class that caught my eye. I liked it because it was a fighter type (I'm not initially attracted to spellcasters of any sort) and at the same time, it could give multiple auras to a group of friends when they're in a certain area around this guy. He's a perfect guy when it comes to our huge group of 24 adventurers. The marshall's ability is a great boon when there's a large group of adventurers, since he may be a capable warrior, but he still can't take the place of main fighter.

(I'm failing my geometry too, but that's ok. I don't even know the shapes that the questions are asking me. What in the world is the spiral of Archimedes???)

Alright, that's it, enough distraction, I give up on the exams. Its impossible to take an exam while I'm distracted. I'd rather post stuff.

I've been looking for "Numb3rs", its this show that Tala told me about polic solving cases using equations. Nothing terribly complex I think (but I haven't really seen any episode) but something to think about in case my engineering career doesn't work out. Of course, I don't think I'll be working as a cop in this country, more of a consultant for other countries (because I doubt I can get the financial stability I want by working here...).

Now why am I suddenly interested in watching it? For no particular reason other than its a show that I can actually use what I learned. I think I can understand whatever they intend to say in the show because of my heavy mathematics background, hence my curiosity to how much math is used in the show. Additionally, I believe its something like CSI: a very technical show that tells you just how much thinking can be used in everyday life. These shows tell you that being a geek can actually do you a lot of good in the real world, and that you don't throw everything you learned down the gutter just for cash.

Anyway, enough of that. I still haven't seen even a single episode of the show. Criticizing it can come later.

Right now, I'm a little disappointed that Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 has been delayed until the end of the month. That means it will take some more time before I can acutally play one of my all time favorite games. But that's all right, that also means that I can concentrate on my studies for some more time before I get distracted again by heavy playing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home