Wednesday, August 17, 2005

... in which the Fool sings the Dai-Zen-Gar song.

I was going through GameFAQs' message boards today looking for secret mechs for the Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 game that I've been playing lately, and instead of any sure-fire way to obtain secret units, I get this instead: a completely new song made by fans for another well-loved character. May I present to you, the Dai-Zen-Gar theme!!!

(background music from Yuusha-Ou! Tanjou! from GaoGaiGar)

Da-da-da da-da-da Dai-Zen-Gar!
Da-da-da da-da-da Dai-Zen-Gar!

Ikare! Nikudan no yuusha yo!
Gin kame, dekai no tsurugi de!

Zankantou no chikara~ tsukate!
Bishoujo Irui mamori tame!
Ima aku tatsu agare!

Esu Aru Ekusu! no riekuta o kowasu
Baruma yurusenai!

Da-da-da da-da-da Dai-Zen-Gar!
Da-da-da da-da-da Dai-Zen-Gar!

Genma ittai da!
Ima Jyenararu gattai da!
Aku tatsu!!!

ITTO RYODAN!!!!!
(CHESTO!!! or TATSUMAKI ZANKANTOU!!! according to season intros)

Kakuru! Kirisaku! Kowareru! Bakusaku!
Tanjou! Muteki no! Dodekai kensai!
Irui no yuusha-oh!!!

Da-da-da-da Dai-zen-gar!


Anyone that seriously wants to hear it can of course just ask me to sing it for you. Thanks go to the many people from the GameFAQs' boards.

Its a very nutty song, parodying a lot of the hot-bloodedness and bravery from the King of Braves Gao Gai Gar series, as well as the story behind Zengar Zombolt (or Sanger Somvolt according to banpresto themselves). It seems that fans just can't get enough of the badassness of this white-haired guy who cleaves huge robots into two with his own sword (from his own giant robot as well) and voila! Instant song.

... Man, the stuff you get from browsing through message threads...

For instance, there was one single message thread made by someone who had too much time on his hands, dissing the Gao Gai Gar series on purpose to, well, rattle the brains of some of the more hot-blooded members of the forums. It was pretty obvious after two or three posts of saying "What in the world is a silly lion doing hanging around with construction supplies?" and alternating it with "Why aren't Kira and Heero godlike pilots in this game?" Apparently, he found the reaction he was looking for, as immediately after the latter post, people started calling him an idiot (he was acting like one, but on purpose, hoping someone would smart up) and he stopped posting under that name. It was funny how other people reacted to him, calling him stupid for not appreciating decent anime, and even suggesting that he use other people instead if he can't appreciate the silly lion with a big golden hammer.

I swear, sometimes, people just can't take a joke.

My apologies for people who felt incredibly gypped after the incredibly short post I made last time. I did that to attract more traffic towards Mike's blog since he badly needs other people to read him. Unfortunately, as I mentioned (and as he did) he's like anchovies, and caviar, and curry. He's an acquired taste, but in retrospect, he's a good kind of acquired taste (I think). Hehehe..

Anyway, I was walking through the old streets I was accustomed to walking when I was younger, and I must admit, I feel like I've completely changed. Years ago, when I passed by, I wouldn't notice the smells in the air, of rotting garbage, stagnant water, and a whole other mess that I can't identify. Admittedly, I felt bothered, but what really struck me was the nostalgia I felt as I trudged on. Remembering how I used to rush to school with barely 10 minutes left before I come in late. Remembering when I reminded myself "last 10 minutes" as I tried to finish one stage of Super Robot Wars, despite the fact that I've already extended over 10 times of that "10 minutes". Remembering how I used to be one of the first people in school, turning on the electric fans, arranging some of the chairs and plomping down underneath one of the ceiling fans...

I don't feel old really, in fact, I just feel like I miss the darned place, and I want to spend just one day, reminding myself of the things I did when I was younger. Maybe.

But then again, the smell is enough to drive me past the places that I used to frequent. Except of course for the fishball stand around the corner. Where I used to spend somewhere between 20 and 30 pesos, all on fishballs just before dinner.

Unfortunately, when you see the state of some of the buildings in the vicinity, you're left to wonder where the sense of grandness you used to have about your neighborhood went. It just seems like the buildings just get older and grayer, all the while the people in them start leaving for some of the better neighborhoods. It's just sad, seeing all the usual places like McDonalds and Jollibee suddenly losing people at nighttime, when years ago, they'd still be filled up until well past 8.

Bah. Enough Nostalgia.

There are days when I just want to jot things down on a small notebook, some ideas or topics that I feel like coming back to at a later date and expounding on them. I don't know, the idea of keeping a small notebook to jot things down never struck me before, since I prided myself on having a good memory. But these days, I now realize why it was important to have something to write on. You may have a good memory, but the sheer amount of things to remember will clog the brain, and you will forget what you tried oh so hard to remember...

At least until you find something that would remind you of it...

I was kind of thinking of jotting down some story ideas about Super Robot Wars again (everything just seems to revolve around that game... For starters, everything I learned from anime, I learned from Super Robot Wars. Every Japanese phrase, word, and what-not, I learned from Super Robot Wars. Etc.) I was thinking of writing down my own version of the Super Robot Wars that I wanted to see. Just to have a reference point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home